Everyone wants to know: What does it take to reach success in business-the kind of success that lasts? It all comes down to a solid grasp of the fundamentals of business-the same kind that are taught to MBA students in many of the world’s most prestigious business schools.
Our comprehensive five-part, 60-lecture course, Critical Business Skills for Success, is designed to give you just this kind of integrated, accessible introduction. Bringing together five prestigious and renowned business professors from some of America’s top business schools, each of this course’s five parts is a detailed look at a particular skill:
finance and accounting,
organizational behavior, and
Here in one place is an authoritative guide to the five essential disciplines that everyone, entry-level employees and CEOs alike, needs to master in order to reap rewards in today’s complex marketplace.
In each part, you’ll learn about everything from key terms and methodologies to research-backed strategies and case studies involving some of the world’s most influential companies.
This kind of well-rounded business education is useful to anyone who works in a company of any size. Whether you’re in a leadership position, just starting out, or somewhere in between, these skills will help you understand all of the functions of a business, not just your area of specialty. It’s also a great resource to have even if you already have an MBA, as you can return to this course again and again for advice and clarification.
Bringing the MBA experience right to you, Critical Business Skills for Success demystifies the secrets of business and gives you insights that will help you achieve your goals.
01. Strategy: Strategy Is Making Choices
02. Strategy: How Apple Raises Competitive Barriers
03. Strategy: The Danger of Straddling
04. Strategy: What Trader Joe’s Doesn’t Do
05. Strategy: First Movers versus Fast Followers
06. Strategy: When Netflix Met Blockbuster
07. Strategy: Anticipating Your Rival’s Response
08. Strategy: Why Did Disney Buy Pixar?
09. Strategy: The Diversification Discount
10. Strategy: Forward and Backward Integration
11. Strategy: Mergers and Acquisitions – The Winner’s Curse
12. Strategy: Launching a Lean Start-Up
13. Operations: The Power of Superior Operations
14. Operations: Leaner, Meaner Production
15. Operations: Refining Service Operations
16. Operations: Matching Supply and Demand
17. Operations: Rightsizing Inventory
18. Operations: Managing Supply and Suppliers
19. Operations: The Long Reach of Logistics
20. Operations: Rethinking Your Business Processes
21. Operations: Measuring Operational Performance
22. Operations: Keeping an Eye on Your Margins
23. Operations: Leveraging Your Supply Chain
24. Operations: Reducing Risk, Building Resilience
25. Finance and Accounting: Accounting and Finance – Decision-Making Tools
26. Finance and Accounting: How to Interpret a Balance Sheet
27. Finance and Accounting: Why the Income Statement Matters
28. Finance and Accounting: How to Analyze a Cash Flow Statement
29. Finance and Accounting: Common Size, Trend, and Ratio Analysis
30. Finance and Accounting: Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
31. Finance and Accounting: Understanding the Time Value of Money
32. Finance and Accounting: The Trade-Off between Risk and Return
33. Finance and Accounting: How Investors Use Net Present Value
34. Finance and Accounting: Alternatives to Net Present Value
35. Finance and Accounting: Weighing the Costs of Debt and Equity
36. Finance and Accounting: How to Value a Company’s Stock
37. Organizational Behavior: Achieving Results in Your Organization
38. Organizational Behavior: The Value of Great Leadership
39. Organizational B
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.